Landini Tractor Sales
Landini was born out of Giovanni Landini’s machine shop.
Landini had been building farm machinery since 1884, and had been building steam and internal-combustion engines prior to World War One. Landini’s sons carried on the business, building their first tractor in 1925 using a hot-bulb diesel engine.
Their tractors became very popular, and Landini was the leading Italian tractor manufacturer prior to World War Two. Landini resumed production after the war, but the primitive diesels were no longer popular. Landini survived by licensing Perkins engines in the 1950s, and was acquired by Massey-Ferguson in 1959. Argo SpA acquired Landini in 1994.